I was responding to something I caught a whiff of on this thread, and
you're right, not the actual topic of discussion.

The anecdotes do involve individual people, however, and more often
then not I think the immigration debate in this country has more to do
with race and ethnicity than policy. You never hear complaints about
Canadians coming across the border to steal peoples' jobs.

Not sure whether I think the H1B program should be expanded or not. I
think it should be easier to get a green card. Ultimately, I think
people who want to work hard and help others should be more free to
move about the world.

-Erik