On 2/7/13, Yaron <tclug at freakzilla.com> wrote:
> Just for fun, can you try mplayer? I know people swear by VLC but I've
> NEVER had luck with that thing. Mplayer always worked perfectly for me
> though.

Run vlc or mplayer from the command line and check the output. If
nothing looks suspicious use the verbose flags (-v maybe?) for vlc or
mplayer.

I've had videos that were missing keyframes (or something like that)
and would really any program that tried to play them. I ended up
having to use ffmpeg to re-encode them to get them to play.

Hopefully the output will point you in the right direction though. It
could be the hardware becoming outdated as some have mentioned, but it
sounds like you've been playing other files just fine.

--
Michael