On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 02:20:15PM -0600, Robert Nesius wrote:
> I was a little surprised while people were talking about *BSDs no one
> mentioned OpenBSD.  Of the BSDs, probably the one I'd reach for first if I
> was deploying it with an exposure to the Internet.

It depends what else you are doing with the box.  If you start to add
php, ruby, mysql... building those from ports for every security
release starts to be a pain.  Plus it means you have to have a second
box to build it on (which you should anyway, for dry run updates).

The BSD ports were hot 10 years ago.  Now they are kind of long in the
tooth.

Cheers,
florin

--
Beware of software written by optimists!