On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As an update, I'm sorry to report that Debian started bluetooth
> and cups services by default.  None of my computers have
> bluetooth adapters so wish this didn't happen.
> In looking into this I found a guy that, like me, was recently
> irritated that bluetooth gets started by default --
>
> http://ubuntu.5.n6.nabble.com/Stopping-bluetooth-td4894591.html
>
> Could the slackware proponents tell me if either bluetooth
> or cups are started by default on slackware?

Out of curiosity, why does it matter?  Just turn off the auto start.  Even
the large, commercial UNIX systems have systems enabled which aren't needed
by default.  A good sysadmin audits a system and turns on what they need,
and turns off what they don't.

I doubt you will find any distro that has exactly the services running in
default mode that you specifically want.

--
-Shawn