I decided to try Debian and have installed it on a test
machine.  I thought its install process was clearer than
Fedoras.  With Fedora I've been
downloading one of the options from this page --
https://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options
and putting it on a flash drive.  Not sure if there are
other options that would be closer to what I want with
Fedora, but have noticed that the Debian system has
roughly 35 fewer tasks than the Fedora machine I use
as my server.  I've not got the Debian completely configured,
but am just counting how many processes there would be
if I did.  (And I've disabled about 5 or 6 processes already
on the Fedora machine like bluetooth and cups.)

I've been using systemd on Fedora and it doesn't look like
that's running on Debian so would have to either install
that or change to using whatever Debian is using.  Is anyone
using systemd on Debian?

I've used apt in the past so don't think it will take long to get
used to that.  Other than that I think there are some name
changes (httpd/apache2) and different locations for files.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises