On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 09:28:16AM -0600, Andrew Dahl wrote:
> My reluctance to recommend Cent, in this case, really comes from its
> seemingly similar nature of including things you may not want. (Only if
> you're not sure what you want and allow the defaults)

My reluctance to recommend CentOS (despite still using it on two
servers for legacy reasons) is that it is controlled by a small and
closed group - at some point, while they were busy spinning 6.0 they
left 5.x (5.2 or 5.3) without security updates for a few months!

I was following their mailing lists, but the leader kept saying that
people don't want to help with the "real work" and just want to get
advance access to the bits for some other reason.  From the outside,
and as an end-user, it looked really bad and on its way out.  I'm
surprised they are still around.

Cheers,
florin

--
Beware of software written by optimists!