Ryan Coleman wrote:

> Slower than the day they installed.

Same here.  Late at night, I can get as fast as 20/10 (down/up) Mbps as measured by http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ but usually slower - and been getting slower.  Now I'm lucky to get 10/5 during the day.

Recently, they sent a letter saying my modem was outdated, but they would drop ship another (with no backup battery) for higher  speed.  Curious, I called and was told this would DOUBLE my speed to 50/25.  So I decided to try it out.

Predictably, the install did not go as described.  Took an hour with tech support only to find the new modem was SLOWER OR NO DIFFERENT.  I plan to complain, and if they can't improve the speed, switch back to my old modem with battery (for bundled phone service).