i find myself wanting for smart handling of my reachability in meetings.
perhaps a good android app or service exists, if so please advise.  as i
imagine it, whenever i create an appointment on my calendar, i'd copy from
an existing appointment, or an appointment template, each appointment
specifying my reachability profile during the appointment, eg, calls
perhaps auto-answered, or perhaps handled differently according to their
caller-id, perhaps callers can enter an announced or secret code to
actually reach me, or send me a message which actually beeps my phone which
is otherwise silent for the duration of the appointment.

easy enough to imagine similar services exist at price points i wouldn't
touch.  feel free to mention such, though atm i'd be looking for something
easily affordable or free..