I was thinking about something that would let me know if my garage door
is open.  I have a detached garage and forget to close the door now and
then.  Something that could run a couple check, light level in the
garage, contact switch to see if garage door seems to be down, maybe
take a snap shot if the door isn't down and email/text it to me..  Looks
like you could a a pressure sensor to see if the car is in the garage,
or maybe proximity sensor...

Then it could attempt to close the garage door, and send results if it
fails... ?

A few idea's, but something I would like to have.

BTW there was a cat feeder at the tcmaker page done with the pi,
http://www.tcmaker.org/blog/2013/03/raspberry-pi-powered-cat-feeder/

==>brian.