On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Erik Mitchell <erik.mitchell at gmail.com>wrote:

> The Best Buy guys are using Chef, and have been happy with it. Puppet
> was mentioned in one of the sessions I attended, but the team decided
> to use Chef instead.

Yah, I've tried out Chef as well. Didn't care for it.

Ansible seems to fit the bill in many ways for our project - it's
python-based, and we're all python devs, so that works well. Additionally,
it operates over "vanilla" ssh, and doesn't require any client-side code
other than a python interpreter, which is very nice for keeping things
clean and simple.

> They also said if you're not using one of these tools you're doing it
> wrong :)

If by "one of these", they meant a configuration management system, I'd
agree with that.

> Let me know if you want I can put you in touch with the guys who were
> giving the talk.

Bryan had his contact info on one of his slides, so I'm all set.

Thanks!