First, I'm just curious if anyone is using Ansible[1] in production? After
getting fed up with puppet, I'm seriously considering moving to Ansible.
I've spent a couple hours the last few days poking at it, and it's been a
*much* more pleasant experience than I've had with puppet.

Second, any post-Minnebar thoughts?

The most enjoyable (and useful) session I attended was the monitoring
session. Among other projects, this session introduced me to Sensu[2], a
new-ish monitoring framework. I've been using Nagios for years, and it
holds a dear place in my heart. In my current gig, though, our environment
has a very high rate of change. Servers get started and destroyed
programmatically, sometimes on a minute-by-minute basis. This makes using
legacy monitoring products like Nagios very painful. Sensu uses a
subscription-based model where clients register themselves with the server
and "subscribe" to different roles. Based on that role's configuration, the
server starts checking services on the client. I haven't started playing
with Sensu yet, but I will likely be doing so in the next few days, as I
don't want to invest any more time in my Nagios setup if I'm going to be
deprecating it soon.

Anyway, that's all for now - I'm looking forward to hearing from
(hopefully) some of you!

Thanks!
-Erik

[1] http://ansible.cc/