Hello!

A friend of mine & I decided yesterday we're going to attend the April 27th workshop. I still need to hop over to the wiki to sign up.

Quick question: Without purchasing an entire "kit," what's the minimum necessities for getting rolling? I'm thinking:

HMDI monitor & cable
USB mouse
USB keyboard
4GB SD card
power supply
& ???

Please add to my list of absolute minimum "essentials" & please let me know if any psu, with the correct specs, of course, will do... Adafruit sells a psu which they bill as "Linux compatible," or something like that, but I can't imagine that's much more than marketing hype.

Forgive me if these questions have already been addressed, I've had a lot going on as of late & have been barely scanning daily emails.

Truthfully, for now much of the chatter on this list is over my head - but that's EXACTLY why I want to play around w/the RPi. My friend is a windows-centric DBA @his work, but has some Linux experience. He hasn't done anything w/hardware for years.  So I guess I'll be taking the lead on the hardware & he'll take the lead on the software.

Feel free to tell me to go back & read the archives! Thanks in advance!

Susan Stewart