> 5 home built PCs all setup with XP. All include working cd drive, DVD
> drives, enough RAM to run the machines, working hard drives of
> various sizes, and floppy drives (to date the machines).

> 2 2year old Dell desktops (3.2 GHtz range, but single processors).
> Both have dead PATA drives.

> Toshiba laptop 2.8 GHtz Celeron processor, broken hinge - still
> attached but won't stay up. Has issues, but I think it could be
> salvaged...?

Those are computers that someone could actually be productive on,
especially with a lightweight GNU/Linux installation.  I wonder if
there's any way to get them to low income students in the Twin Cities
area.  Does someone know if anyone around here is doing something like
Ken Starks is doing with Reglue/Komputers4Kids/Helios-Project?

-Max