I gave up on getting anything resolved tonight, so no worries there. My
netbook doesn't have an optical drive, but I think I can do it via a
flashdrive. Too tired to dig mine out tonight though.

Backing up my data is a good plan. I can set that up tonight to run
overnight, if I can get to the utility.