So a machine I setup back in 2001 has died.  It was deployed in another
city (where I grew up), and it's primary purpose in life was to broadcast
a local AM radio station (privately) so I can listen to local sports radio
& stuff over the Internet.  I had an old technics tuner hooked into the
audio in on the box,
and I was using an old copy of Shoutcast to do the broadcasting all
running on Slackware.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding a new solution (much smaller
this time & power friendly), and I was curious if anyone had any
experience with .mp3 broadcasting software.  My requirements are as
follows:

Must be able to install, config, and run all from CLI (no X windows).  A
web-based config thingy would be OK too, but not preferred.

Thanks about it.  I see you now have to pay a small fee to shoutcast to
use .mp3 (and I'm fine with that). I just wanted to see if there was
any other open source stuff out in the wild that might be better the
SHOUTcast.

Thanks!

B-o-B