On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you think of ipv6?  I've read that less than 1%
> of the traffic on the internet is ipv6 traffic.

there really isn't much to think about re: IPv6.  it's the way forward
unless you have some perverse love for NATs.  there's a good chunk of
the world that's still not connected to the global internet and they
need address space too. europe and asia have exhausted their IPv4
allocations.

get crackin'

the fact that only 1% of the internet traffic is IPv6 based is a huge
improvement from where we were and is largely a function of the
technology industry's myopia.  1st mile networks in north america have
been very lagged in adding the necessary capabilities and will require
in many instances some level of forklift upgrade.  folks will have to
learn to love the tunnel for a while in some geographies.  asian and
european networks are considerably further along in much of this
already.

--
steve ulrich (sulrich at botwerks.*)