> Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 07:56:35 -0600
> From: Munir Nassar <tclug at beitsahour.net>
> Subject: Re: [tclug-list] video related questions
>
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 6:29 AM, harv <42dch42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So as not to waste people's time will get right to it.
> > First some specs
> >
> > Graphics card:
> > Gygabyte GV-N460SO-1GI
> > 2 x dvi + 1 x mini-hdmi out
>
> for future reference, the manufacturer of the card is not as important
> as the the chipset. generally speaking there are only two names in
> town for advanced graphics, ATI and NVIDIA. in this case you have an
> NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

First off, thanks for the quick concise reply- and for doing some
legwork I should have known to do myself.
Actually though, according to documentation here and on manufacturers
website it has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.
No matter as links you provided led me in right direction and your
answer below is still accurate.

> > System:
> > home-built frankenbox running Arch
> > Linux dita 3.6.7-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 18 10:11:22 CET 2012
> > x86_64 GNU/Linux
> >
> > Currently have dual monitor setup using dvi ports.
> > Wish to also output video- movies mainly-  to tv using mini-hdmi port.
> >
> > A) Is this possible with this card?
> >         Can all 3 ports be used simultaneously?
>
> no
>
> according to specifications that card has "Two pipelines for dual
> independent display"
> http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-480/specifications
> http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/en_US/pdf/GTX-480-470-Web-Datasheet.pdf
>
> only the latest generation of nvidia cards(excluding NVS range) has
> more than two pipelines.

Thanks again. Much appreciated
harv