On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Craig Rosenblum <crosenblum at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Edit the file that contains that line and add the following:
>
> NameVirtualHost *:8082
>
> Then all you need to do is start adding virtualhosts.
>
> <VirtualHost *:8082>
>    ServerName example.com
>    DocumentRoot /path/to/web/root
>
>    # add the following two lines if you want vhost-specific logging
>    ErrorLog /ver/log/apache2/example.com-error
>    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/example.com-access combined
> </VirtualHost>

If my memory is working correctly, the argument to VirtualHost must match
the argument to a NameVirtualHost directive.

i.e.: Apache will complain about this (and likely won't work), even though
intuitively you might think it's just fine.

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.1:8282

<VirtualHost *:8282>
</VirtualHost>

-Rob