I've done a lot of work on Apache on windows.

So I just need a few pointer's to help me get going on Linux.

FYI I am running Peppermint OS Two.

Now I already have websites being run locally aka sickbeard, and
couchpotato, so I wasn't 100% sure I needed to install Apache, but I went
ahead and did that.

Now All i want is to setup http://localhost:8082 or any other unused port
number to point to a new folder i have.

I have 3 partitions on my main hard drive, and in one of those partitions
is a www folder, where i plan to keep all centralized websites that i ever
worked on, or plan to work on.

I even install webmin, but I am more than a bit rusty on virtualhost setup.

I really prefer not to have to add folders to /var/www because I want to
keep my linux partition small.

I am planning to work on a new way of doing my web-based media center app,
since I can't play local videos via file:///

Sorry for the long rant...

Any tips to just get localhost working to point to a folder on one of my
partitions?

Do i need to setup any special permissions for that www folder so that it
can be accessed?

Thanks.

Craig