On Thu, 10 May 2012, Yaron wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2012, Mike Miller wrote:
>
>> Supposedly Ubuntu will be shipping on 5% of new machines, which is
>> about 18 million:
>
> That's firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. We've
> heard such things before...

That's fair, but did you believe this part of the article?:

"Eight to ten million units shipped last year world-wide.

"Last year Ubuntu shipped on 7.5 billion dollars (presumably USD) worth of
hardware."

Maybe doubling in a year is overly optimistic, but those are still good
numbers for last year.  Only 2.5%, I guess, but it's a pretty good start.

Mike