Hi Mike,

Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but I had thought you had created to small
partitions named boot or /boot that were outside of the raid for the sole
purpose of giving your bootloader a home that your BIOS can deal with.  So,
I'm not surprised you don't see it when you run df, as I'm guessing you
haven't added that little partition to your fstab?

I'm just trying to helpfully brainstorm. :)

-Rob