lspic indicates (as best I can read it) that the hardware's identical. No surprise.

On a hunch, I checked the Device MAC address . . . and yes, we have a match! That is to say, cloning the drive was just too efficient and now the new machine (with the cloned drive) thinks its MAC is the old machine's MAC. So how do I detect the real MAC address on my new machine and get Linux to see it? Or am I not correct in thinking each machine must have a unique MAC address?

Olwe
GM,MN