I'm of the opinion, "buy once cry once"; Get what you want.
There will always be something better around the corner.

However, you still make sure that you are staying within your means.
That is don't overextend your budget because, "I need it now (read I
*want*it now)".

I hand an older MyTouch 3G with was okay when I bought it, but now I have a
Galaxy SII.
I didn't know what I was missing, In the long run it may cost you to get a
nice(r) phone now, but
you will probably save time using a faster phone.

-> Jake