On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM, J Cruit <j at packetgod.com> wrote:
> Just in case anyone wants their own Buy.com has a deal today on them
> for 139$ each
>
> http://www.buy.com/prod/nook-color-by-barnes-noble-wifi-ereader/221376447.html?listingid=140072914
>
> I've been holding off getting a tablet but for 139 I might just get
> one and then buy a nice one later down the road.

Just so you know, buyer beware on refurb items from buy.com.  They
generally won't specify who refurbed the item, but it probably WASN'T
the manufacturer.  Then when you get the item, it doesn't come in
standard packaging, and it has a little slip in it saying that there
IS NO original manufacturer warranty, you can't return the item to
buy.com unless the item was DOA, and if you have problems later on,
call this number and they might fix it...if they feel like it.  You
would think I had been through that song and dance before or
something...
You can get a refurb nook color straight from BN for $149, so if
you're planning to void your warranty as soon as you get it, I guess
it's your call if it's worth saving $10.
- Justin