On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM, aeshva <aeshva at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Nook Color and would like to root it and maybe install Cyanogen or Gingerbread. I have been looking for how to do that, and have come to the conclusion that I need assisrance. Is there anyone who could help?
>
> Sent from my NOOK

I can say from experience that Cyanogenmod is probably the best option
out there for a Nook Color.  The current version (7.1.0) is based on
Gingerbread, and has some tablet tweaks installed by default to make
up for the fact that the Nook Color doesn't have as many buttons as a
normal Android phone would.
That said, Cyanogenmod has a Wiki set up with instructions for each of
their supported devices.
Have you tried going though this process?
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Barnes_%26_Noble_Nook_Color:_Full_Update_Guide
It can be frustrating, and sometimes some things don't work right on
the first try, but their guides are usually pretty good.  If you run
into roadblocks, asking or searching for specific questions along the
way can be very helpful.  Relatively speaking, CM7.1 has been out for
quite some time now, so any issue you run into has probably happened
to someone else by now, too.
- Justin