I'm suggesting to our local library that we build a Linux network for patrons to have their own accounts. Now if someone wants Internet access (browsing the Web), they can use one of our 4 MS PCs -- after signing in. Yeah. . . . Question(s): Could a server for such a beast be run on a cloud server (Amazon etc.), or should it be local? Also, is there a quick and easy way for non-site users on MS/Apple to log in? Could some sort of bootable stick drive be set up, or perhaps a cygwin install? I'm no sysadmin at all. . . .

Olwe
GM,CC,MN,NoShore