I've been on a laptop for years now once I heard how much less energy a laptop consumes compared to a regular desktop. In this same spirit I'd like to downgrade again -- to a tablet. I've looked at the android-based tablets and they all seem root-able to one degree or another with linux. Good. But I'd like to power my 1980x1050 ViewSonic LED monitor(s) too. Does anybody have any experience with "docking the linux-rooted tablet"? From what I'm seeing, those 1000x800 tablets arent' really capable of running a 1980x1050 monitor, yes, no? They can do a HDTV, but how's the resolution?

Olwe
GM,MN