I agree with a few of the other comments that you should contact the
photographer for the photos. As mentioned previously, screencaps of
the .MP4 video will be lower resolution. More importantly, in my
opinion, somebody who hires a photographer shouldn't be required to
extract frames from a video slideshow to get the pictures, especially if
the photographer is being paid.

An earlier reply mentioned that depending on the contract entered into
with the photographer, the photographer may actually retain ownership of
the photographs of you and your colleagues.

You could capture each image manually, using a screen capture feature
like VLC offers, but the method in the link posted by Max for
automatically generating an image sequence of a video using FFMPEG looks
pretty useful and straightforward. I'd personally attempt using FFMPEG
before resorting to manual screen capturing.

fnord,
djs