As a professional photographer...

1) I don't do this unless I'm being extremely underpaid for my time
2) If I do there's a reason (see #1)
3) If #1 and #2 are the case you're violating copyright and are subject to, up to, $250,000 fine per image for copyright infringement in a court of law.

I'd ask the photog for the images and if he says you need to pay, then you should pay for them.

If you'd like you can email me (OFFLIST) the name of the photographer and if I know who it is I might be able to help you out if you cannot get anywhere with them first.

--
Ryan Coleman
Publisher, d3photography.com