I gotta agree strongly.  HP does not apply the same mechanical durability
specs that Dell does.  Dell  pro line laptops (eg, Latitude D & E series,
etc) are actually designed to be road warrior machines, and the product
lines (not individual machines) are actually tested to survive published
specs.  HP does none of that.  My last HP (2000) popped ball bonds on the
CPU several times, requiring motherboard replacements.  The mechanical
design lacked proper support to dampen vibrations in the motherboard.  An
employer back then required me to use their Dell Latitude and I discovered
the spec difference in episodes of HP repairs.  I had other issues with the
HP as well.  Had to contact HP product support in France to get some Linux
drivers because Linux was not fully supported in the USA then.   HP is not
the top brand it once was!

Chuck