maybe virtual desktops aren't what you're really looking for?  those connections tend to be compressed, and the compression of the video, plus the compression of the remote desktop connection correlates to shit video playback.  couple that with added latency, and it's going to be a bad experience.  This isn't a hard and fast rule, but you need to consider how things will be used.

-----
Eric F Crist