Erik Anderson:

> Examples of services using ssh tunnelling or examples of how services
> accept user-submitted ssh public keys?

Either/both.  Examples that are less automated than Github.

> Perhaps it would be easier for you to give us your use case so we can
> better understand what you're trying to do.

I'm working on an on line code generator that's implemented
as a 3-tier system.  The data passed between the middle and
back tiers includes files --
http://webEbenezer.net/build_integration.html
.  I'm starting to use tunneling to encrypt the messages between
the back and middle tiers.  It would be helpful to see how others
have documented and scripted their use of ssh tunneling with
their service.

> I'm not sure what version of the OpenSSH server you're running, but on
> all the systems I have access to, each new ssh connection only spawns
> two new processes: one owned by root and one by the user I
> authenticated as:

My mistake.  I was confused by running everything on one
machine.  Sorry for the noise.

I'm also wondering about restricting the tunneling.  I guess it
may have to do with the authorized_keys file, but am not sure
how to limit what ports are available for tunneling.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises