> I'd honestly go with a new install and configure my VirtualMachine and host
> machine to share the documents, desktop, and other folders in whatever
> method is supported by the virtualization software so that my documents and
> important files always stay on the host machine instead of only being
> available to the Virtual Machine or by mounting the virtual machine disk
> image.

That's my preference too, however it's always a hassle trying to find
Windows installation media.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I probably will be holding off
until spring now before buying a new machine, but I'll follow up then
on the thread to let you know how it goes.

-Erik

--
Erik K. Mitchell
erik.mitchell at gmail.com