On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Andrew Berg wrote:

> On 4/10/2012 9:29 AM, Jake Vath wrote:
>> A lot of the things that I like about /tmux/ can be done in /screen/,
>> but I just never really got around to do them.
>>
>>   * I like the key-chords for /tmux/.
>>   * I like how /tmux/ does Session Locking/Session handling.
>>   * The pseudo-menu for selecting your virtual-terminals.
>>   * I like the menu at the bottom of your terminal that tells you what
>>     each virtual-terminal has running.
>>   * I /love/ the window/terminal splitting; I use vertical and
>>     horizontal panes everyday.
> Another feature that no one has brought up is the fact that since tmux
> uses sockets, it's possible to share a session. I haven't used that
> feature myself, but I know someone who has used it as a bit of a
> teaching tool. Maybe this was possible with screen, but I thought it was
> worth bringing up.

Screen shares sessions too. It's cool.
-x Attach to a not detached screen session. (Multi display mode).
I've used it a lot.

I may just switch to tmux though for this VERY critical reason. Try searching
for information about "screen" and you'll get very little in the way of useful
help. :-)     (laptops screens, window screens, screen doors....)

I'm hoping tmux serves me better in this regard.  :-)

BTW I haven't heard byobu mentioned yet wrt screen.
https://launchpad.net/byobu (yes there are rpms too)

--
Gerry Skerbitz
gsker at skerbitz.org