I don't mean to imply that *tmux *is, in any way, "better" than *screen*. I
use both quite often.
A lot of the things that I like about *tmux* can be done in *screen*, but I
just never really got around to do them.

   - I like the key-chords for *tmux*.
   - I like how *tmux* does Session Locking/Session handling.
   - The pseudo-menu for selecting your virtual-terminals.
   - I like the menu at the bottom of your terminal that tells you what
   each virtual-terminal has running.
   - I *love* the window/terminal splitting; I use vertical and horizontal
   panes everyday.

Those are my personal favorites.
I think *tmux* may be more actively developed, but that is probably just
because it new(er) that *screen*?
I don't know if that a pro or not.

I'll use whatever is available, but at home I'm using *tmux.*

-> Jake