On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, Mr. B-o-B wrote:

> 1)	The Drive is Dead
> 2)	The Drive is Disconnected
> 3)	Something went terribly wrong, and was never set-up correctly.

I'll be studying this further, but I would put my money on "1" because I
remember hearing a strange noise coming from inside the box a few weeks
ago.  At the time I wondered if it was one of the HDDs.  I wasn't sure how
to check if they both were working.  Then I forgot about it until now.

That machine is important to me, but not as important as the other machine
I am about to set up.  In fact, the RAID1 on the machine in question was
done partly as practice for setting up this other machine.

Thanks *very* much, Mr. B-o-B for your help with this.  You have done a
lot for me and I really appreciate it.

Mike