On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, Marc Skinner wrote:
>
>  According to your output your Raid1 has failed.  It looks like one of the
>> drives is disconnected or has failed.
>>

> Is it possible that it was just set up wrong in the first place?

Not directly related to your question, Mike, but last year I noticed while
reading about LVM that you can set up software raid mirrors with it too.
 LVM offers a nice, clear set of abstractions that make it clear when
you're working with physical partitions, logical partitions, and logical
volumes.   I'm not sure if there's a difference between a mirror set up
with LVM versus mdadm.

Have you looked for a GUI for mdadm?   It looks like webmin has a gui for
it...

http://michal.karzynski.pl/blog/2009/11/18/mdadm-gui-via-webmin/

-Rob