My service is under 20mbps, so the speed headroom seems unusable for me.

Can use of extra features be commanded for some or all apps?

When can we tell when actual applications might make use of the extra features?   I guess this breaks into:
1) when is it clear that a server provides/supports extra feature?
2) Can we be assured that an ISP is transparent or supporting to the extra features?
3) When do apps actually use and/or benefit from the extra features/

I think many ISPs would not provide or support the extra features without a special subscription.  Standard services seem to be
limited.

Chuck