On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Marc Skinner <marc at e-skinner.net> wrote:
> I'm moving this next week, and am looking for a new cable modem - docis 3.0.
>
> Any recommendations out there for solid cable modems.

I have the Zoom DOCSIS 3.0 modem:

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Telephonics-Docsis-Modem-5341-02-00H/dp/B00539LDWW/

It's been working with Comcast's (or Xfinity, whatever) service
perfectly for about 6 months now. The only item worth noting is that
upon initial connection and power up, it went through somewhere
between 7 and 10 reboot cycles (?!?!) as it got new firmware and
configs from Comcast. The Comcast tech that was here doing the install
was somewhat confused and starting to get concerned that it was taking
so long. Once that process finished, though, I haven't had to touch
it.

-Erik