On Thu, 27 Oct 2011, Robert Nesius wrote:

> A follow-up to the facebook/privacy conversation, I think most of you
> would find this of interest.
>
> http://www.identityblog.com/?p=1201

Nice article.  The table at the end lists all of the things Facebook is
doing.  Much of that is obvious and it doesn't bother me.  The "excessive
processing" thing is worrisome -- what are they doing?  The other thing
that bothers me a lot is that Facebook refuses to delete data, or whole
accounts.  So if I want out, they say "no".  You can stop logging in, and
you can stop adding information, and maybe they will stop displaying your
account to others, but they keep the data forever.  I knew about that
problem from before I signed up, but I signed up anyway.  I thought they
would not be allowed to just keep it forever, but that will be up to the
courts.  Meanwhile, I avoid giving them any of my secrets.

Mike