On Sun, 23 Oct 2011, David Alanis wrote:

> Quoting Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>:
>
>> I understand that the no-no tactics in handling passwords are using
>> passwords that are easy to guess, using the same password for
>> everything, and writing down passwords.
>>
>> What's your favorite way to SECURELY handle having multiple passwords
>> for all of the various accounts you have?  Instead of using a small
>> number of passwords, I really need to have one unique password for each
>> login and use a program that stores and encrypts each one.  What's your
>> favorite program for implementing this?
>

> KeePass or KeePassX for Linux and OSx.

I should try that.  What I've been doing instead is using a certain format
for the password, something like #:xx637FUbar where the xx part is
replaced by a couple of letters based on the name of the machine or system
I am connecting to.  That means that I have different passwords on every
system, but I can still remember them.  I guess it is theoretically
possible for someone to figure out what I've done, but I think that is
very unlikely.

Mike