Ok guys, this is devolving into a name-calling flame-war, and nobody wants
that.

I would like to clarify a few things, though:

1) I am not saying that the Occupy* Movement should not be out protesting.
Even if I did, whether or not they should be doing this has 0% to do with
my opinion. This is a free country and peoples' right to free speech is
pretty much paramount.

2) I'm not saying thye need to have a coherent message. However, I pointed
out the lack of coherent message, and the fact that I moticed the
MULTITUDES of messages because someone DID actually ask Tom what the
message was. This someone was not me. I was just jumping in with...

3) My FIRST-HAND OBSERVATION. I'm sorry, people, but I've been... accused
of learning about all this from The Media. Yes, I heard about the Occupy*
from media outlets (NPR, if you really want to know). I have not ever read
an editorial about them. I don't watch TV news, I don't read newspapers,
and if I do google up some news I red the FACTS.

Yes, I did hear that there was no clear voice in the Occupy* movement, and
I had some assumptions as to the main message, so you know what I did? I
WENT DOWN THERE.

Yup. I had a week off work, so I got up, drove downtown, located the
unilateraly-renamed People's Plaza and LOOKED FOR MYSELF. In fact, I
joined in. I marched around U.S. Bank Plaza, I TALKED to the other
protestors, I gathered stickers and pamphlets (and READ them) and I took
looooots and lots of pictures.

Basically, I did the research.

Now I'm not a very good Marketing Target. I don't ever watch commercials
on TV (yay DVR), I don't really listen to commercial radio, and I have
Adblock Plus. So I don't really know what media's 'coherent messages' is
but it's kinda skipping over me. I used that term because it makes sense
to ME, not because anyone has FED it to me.

I've mentioned before, I do think we can use some social and economic
change in this country. But if you're going to have a movement to achieve
thic change, it really should have some goals.

And I'll just point out ne thing. On Thursday, OccupyMN was (according to
their twitter feed/facebook page (two sites I do not frequent but were a
good source to find out the group's activity)) were gathering at U.S. Bank
Plasa to protest forclosures.

Yet a large percentage of the placards and signs people carried contained
anti-war messages.

I just think that if you're outside a bank, protesting forclosures, the
vast majority of your signs should be on-topic.

I would like to hope that this could be taken as constructive critisism.
Again, I am actually very happy that people are finally getting up and
making some noise. This country greatly needs to kick itself in the butt.
People here are fairly apathetic and I am very happy to see them finally
paying attention. We kinda dug ourself into this situation, so we need to
work hard to dig outselves out. But that's a LOT harder to do when instead
of bringing shovels, people bring everything from rakes to magazines to
kitchen sinks.

I would recommend that we drop this subject from the list at this point. I
am more than happy to talk/discuss/debate the topic with anyone who is
interested in doing this in a non-flame manner, and please feel free to
email me directly if you like, but I think the list can do without it.

And just to be on the safe side: Hitler.

-Yaron