On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com> wrote:
> I think that Ubuntu has jumped the shark.  I've tried Ubuntu 11.04 in VirtualBox.  It took a LONG time to install, and it
> felt slow and clunky.

I'd be curious to hear what hardware this was on. I just installed it
in 1GB RAM VirtualBox VM on my 2-year old Macbook Pro and it took 1:05
to get to the install start screen, and from then to getting signed in
for the first time was just over 15 minutes. I consider that to be
fairly acceptable considering the age of my hardware and the relative
pokey nature of the 5400 RPM hard drive.