On 10/06/2011 12:55 AM, Yaron wrote:
> Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 00:10:50 -0500 (CDT) From: Yaron
> <tclug at freakzilla.com> To: TCLUG <tclug-list at mn-linux.org> Subject:
> Re: [tclug-list] Operating systems on a Blu-Ray disc Message-ID:
> <alpine.DEB.2.02.1110060007480.11822 at dragon> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN;
> charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed On Wed, 5 Oct 2011, Jason Hsu wrote:
>> >  This has me wondering how soon it will be before operating systems
>> >  require a Blu-Ray disc simply because the 4.7 GB of a DVD is too small.
>> >  I think there is a slight chance that Windows 8 will require a Blu Ray.
>> >  If it doesn't, I think Windows 9 will.
> I think it's more likely they'll require a live internet connection, like
> the latest Mac OS X did. If they insist on physical media I think they can
> go to multiple DVDs or heck, thumbdrives.
>

> -Yaron
+1

Fedora offers a NetInstall download. Under 200MB ISO image that has
enough smarts to get the hard disk and network drivers (and maybe some
pretty UI), and goes from there. I think this will be more useful,
because as it is, right after installing from an all-inclusive DVD, it
seems like half the packages have updates anyway.

Chris