From: Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>
Sender: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 19:40:59
To: <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Subject: [tclug-list] Connecting a SATA motherboard to an IDE CD drive

I bought an adapter for connecting a SATA motherboard to an IDE CD drive.  Unfortunately, something isn't working, as not even the BIOS of the computer can recognize the CD drive.

If I have to return this adapter because I can't get it to work, what do I need to do instead?  Is there any chance that this adapter can only work with hard drives and not CD drives?  If I need to purchase another adapter, how am I supposed to know if it works with CD drives?

--
Jason Hsu
Founder and lead developer of Swift Linux http://www.swiftlinux.org