On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Yaron <tclug at freakzilla.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, gregrwm wrote:
>
>> any such thing as a fast retrain dsl modem, that would work with local
>> centurylink lines?  my searches coughed up patents but not modems.

Depending on your location, it's entirely possible that there's a
shiny new VDSL node just a block or two away. That was my problem, I
was getting terrible SNR on my ADSL line, with frequent retrains,
because of all the interference from the new VDSL service. As soon as
they moved my line over to the VDSL node and issued me a new modem,
it's been perfect. There was no additional cost to me.

-Steve

--
If it ain't broke, you're not using a new enough version