I understand that Free Geek has been installing Ubuntu on its computers.  I'm wondering if the group is switching to another distro given the user-unfriendliness of the Unity interface.  This would require a BIG adjustment for the Free Geek volunteers and the recipients of the computers.  Additionally, the new Ubuntu requires newer computers than the old Ubuntu did.  (As I have found, the new Ubuntu is sluggish with 2 GB of RAM.)

Is Free Geek sticking with Ubuntu, or is it switching to something else?  If it's switching, is it moving to Xubuntu?  Lubuntu?  Linux Mint?  Puppy Linux?  Another distro?

--
Jason Hsu
Founder and lead developer of Swift Linux http://www.swiftlinux.org