On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Ubu Sumner wrote:

> Workaround stops Google from storing your network's location in its database

I honestly don't care. If I did I'd have turned off the SSID broadcast.

I did a small wardrive -- using my cellphone -- around my neighbourhood. I
ran a 2 mile loop (so one mile scanned area), a lot of which is open field
and none of which is apartments. I found like 50+ wifi networks. 10 of
which were actually open/passwordless. A few appeared to be street lamps.

Plenty of wardriving websites already have this info and integrate it with
google maps, so I really don't think cutting it out of Google's database
is going to do anything.

-Yaron