The one at Costco has the AMD Dual-Core C-60 1.0GHz, or so says their
web page.  It looks like I'll be able to pick one up tomorrow.  It has
no DVD/CD drive, but I'm planning to use it as a DVD player for my
daughter by mounting ISOs stored on the HDD or USB drives.

But ... I'll have to look at the one at Micro Center.  I was there
last night and didn't happen to see it, but I wasn't looking.  If it's
15" and sells for $250, it has to be lacking *something*.  Maybe this
is the one you were thinking of, but for $299:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0373457

Is that it?

That is a phenomenal deal.  The HDD is about 1/3 smaller, but it has
DVD burner.  It must be a faster processor, but the battery life is
about 1/3 less.  It has a bigger screen, but the resolution is the
same.  It is bigger, but it weighs more.

So many decisions.  But who can't be happy when computers are this
cheap and we can remember when computers this powerful cost millions
of dollars.

Mike