Jason is a great asset to the TC LUG. Anyone as passionate about Linux as
Jason is can post to the lug six times a day in my opinion.  Jason has a
good plan for saving older computers that will not run vista or windows 7.
 I am running Minnesota swift Linux(Your're gonna make it after all!), and
it is very snappy!
Another beer meeting is good I would suggest early December but will make
it to one any time I can.
Now Netflix runs Silverlight and it is just a matter of time. I am doing
some C# programming because I feel I should get to know all the platforms
better. I read the msdn documentation and the news is M$ is dropping
Silverlight for HTML5. Apple jumped on that wagon first and I was happy to
hear. Now Adobe is going to eventually stop using flash in favor of HTML5.
Both companies have Development tools ready to go for HTML5. I think this
will be a great boon for Linux, regular users what something that just
works.

On the desktop side I think that tablet based interfaces and touch screen
is becoming the normal way for people that just consume media and are not
working on computers. I think the idea of the gnome 3 fallback is good,
but a choice of a gnome 2 interface style should be an option by default.
Now on to the arm world. Ice cream sandwich is supposed to be released
this December with full open source code.  And if anyone has looked at the
asus transformer prime with NVidia Tegra 3, 5 core GPU it looks pretty
good to me. Having a docking tablet with a keyboard is a great idea.
Do you think more arm based distributions is a good idea? It’s clear that
the power saving arm processors have an advantage in light weight areas.
The GPU’s run one core and then ramp up when more graphics intensive loads
are run.
As a developer I am more interested in C/C++ than the davlik java language
used. I am thinking of mono droid for android development. Does anyone on
the list have any experience in porting .net to Linux with mono? Or using
Mono Droid?
,Ron